Filed under Reviews, TV

Fuller House comes to Netflix

Creative Commons

As children growing up in the 90s, many had their eyes glued to their televisions to tune in to the beloved family show, “Full House.” Fast forward 20 years, and current young adults are reminiscing on a show many followed religiously. To cure this longing nostalgia, creator Jeff Franklin brings viewers “Fuller House,” a revival of the original series with a shockingly similar story line played out by the adult versions of the 90s children.

Viewers should be excited, “Fuller House” will star the same actors and actresses that first starred on the original “Full House” series, minus Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, whose character will unfortunately not be shown in the show.

The show will guide viewers through the life of D.J Tanner-Fuller, played by Candace Cameron Bure, who is a widowed mother of three boys. Caught in an overwhelming situation, D.J. moves back into her childhood home in San Francisco and solicits help from her sister Stephanie, played by Jodie Sweetin, and best friend Kimmy, played by Andrea Barber, to care for her children.

“Fuller House” mirrors its predecessor, “Full House”, in that the plot lines are one in the same. To recall, “Full House” featured Danny Tanner, a widowed father of three young girls who has his brother-in-law, Jesse, and best friend, Joey, move in with him in order to help care for his daughters.

All 13 episodes of “Fuller House” season one were aired on Feb. 26, exclusively on Netflix. In the first episode, viewers will see an introduction to the characters adult lives and it will serve to set up the story line for the rest of the season.

It may be a little disappointing that “Fuller House” will have the same story line as the “Full House” original, but viewers will love seeing their favorite characters back in action as adults and getting a chance to catch up on their lives since “Full House” ended in 1995.

It will be interesting to see this series unfold and what, if any, other old television shows decide to make a revival after the first season of “Fuller House” ends and ratings have been recorded.

Judging by all of the excitement already surrounding this new series that hasn’t even started yet, we could see a happy trend in the making.

1 Comment

One Response to “Fuller House comes to Netflix”

1. Eddie Parker on March 13th, 2016 11:20 pm

This article is late but yeah. Pretty neutral stance I would say. For me, I dislike the stupid show. Enough of this spoon fed nostalgia, am I right?

• Fuller House comes to Netflix

• Fuller House comes to Netflix

• Fuller House comes to Netflix

• Fuller House comes to Netflix

• Fuller House comes to Netflix

Drawing a Line: Students Create Boundaries

• Fuller House comes to Netflix

• Fuller House comes to Netflix

• Fuller House comes to Netflix

• Fuller House comes to Netflix

Fuller House comes to Netflix