Filed under News

Mark Lipkin and Jose Luis Sanchez

Jose Luis Sanchez believes he has the leadership to guide Skyline College in the right direction. (Will Nacouzi)

Mark Lipkin Running for: Student Body President

Past Experience: Served as ASSC Senator in the 2011-12 academic year. Appointed in December 2011 as commissioner of publicity. Served as vice president of the Student Services Committee. Created a committee “to deal with the poor quality of the cafeteria food.”

Why Lipkin thinks we should vote for him: “I believe the president’s role is to ensure that the counsel focuses on the needs of all students, not to fulfill a personal goal. I see much room for improvement at Skyline, and I think I could be instrumental in facilitating a positive change.”

Jose Luis Sanchez Running for: Student Body President

Past Experience: 9 years in military (marines) as sergeant. President of the American Medical Students Association. First chair for the 2012 “Relay for Life.”

Why Sanchez thinks we should vote for him: “I have leadership skills and am not afraid to . . . make difficult decisions. I want to be able to make changes, and I want the students to know that I am the person they can come to, to get things done. “

Will Nacouzi, TSV Web Designer

Hey :D I’m a student at Skyline College majoring in journalism with a heavy interest in news writing, investigative journalism, and photojournalism.

I’m...