The J-Spot – Communication!

The J-Spot - Communication!
By Daniel Chee/The Skyline View

Communication is one of the most important things in a relationship, in any relationship actually. To be frank, I’ve had a difficult time writing this article for multiple reasons. It’s a topic that’s a lot easier said than done and has a lot of aspects that go into it. Everybody miscommunicates, and yes, it is even important for those couples with fairy tale endings. (Shoot, that’s probably how they got to that point.)

There are so many reasons as to why communication is hard. We tend to not want to hurt our partners’ feelings, or we know we can do it too easily. We have a hard time finding the words to put to our emotions, or someone gets misinterpreted in the process and all hell breaks loose. But these are all reasons to why we should communicate.

A lot of the time, the effort isn’t even there to do so. I know many people that tell me “Why should I have to tell them, they should know!”. Get real, nobody is a mind reader. Put your pride aside and talk, don’t yell, scream, don’t demean, talk.

If there is no communication, then you and your partner are lacking a connection needed to be successful together. And yeah, I’m not one to talk. I’m not saying me and my girlfriend communicate perfectly, but we do recognize the importance of communication between the two of us.

The best relationships are the ones that two people can talk openly between each other. When you’re comfortable with your man or woman is when communication is a lot easier.

Comfort reflects in each aspect of a relationship, physically, sexually, and emotionally. I’ve come to learn that the difference between dating girls I just meet and becoming randomly attracted to someone I’ve known are two different things. I’m a huge advocate for dating someone you know you can be friends with.

I’ve been in a relationship that I jumped into, and her feelings were a lot less important to me than my girlfriend’s feelings are now. My relationship now started primarily as a friendship, eventually we became best friends. Her feelings are important to me because of our friendship.

Communication is important to build a foundation of trust and comfort.

It also helps you understand your partner, and can strengthen any relationship. What’s most important
is knowing how to handle a discussion.

It’s easy to talk about an issue, but it’s not easy to not argue about the issue. Warning: this is what takes a lot of patience. If you don’t like something they say to you, try to be empathetic. They are obviously having negative feelings about something and whether its wrong or right, true or false,
you have to understand.

Let your partner talk and in the end reassure them on the facts. Talk to your significant other. Please,
please, please do this. Always communicate, it’s the only way you can keep a relationship healthy. A lot of young people play games.

It’s the whole he said, she said stuff. The “I won’t call him because he hasn’t called me.” Even if they
are 3 years deep into a relationship. It’s not hard to be open, and if you can’t be comfortable enough to not play games, maybe this particular relationship isn’t for you.

I know a lot of people always worry about what to criticize and what to hold back when it comes to
sharing with their partner. I believe the way to have a healthy relationship is to always speak our mind, but you of course have to speak it in a respectable manner. Always approach a sticky topic carefully. I’ve recently found an easy way to do it.

Go into the conversation saying that its nothing needed to argue about, just an issue you’ve been having and want to find a solution that works for the two of you. Compromise is the easiest way to avoid conflict, and if you state in the beginning that that is what you want in a resolution then it’s easier for your partner to not be on the defense so much. They wont feel attacked or reprimanded.

Lastly, sex is a big thing to communicate about. If you want to experience something new in the bedroom,
you better had tell our partner what you want or you’ll never be pleased the way you need, or think
you need it. Or if something doesn’t work, you most definitely need to speak up. You can’t get choked and
not like it and just let it happen.

That’s bad for everyone! Talk about your turn on and turn offs, what gets you going and expect a heightened sexual experience. If you can’t talk about sex, maybe the two of you shouldn’t be having it. It’s normal, and a great part of your relationship, so why not make it better?

Communication is the same all around. It may appear in different aspects of a relationship, but in the end it’s the key to make yours prosper.