Maria Isabel Del Castillo Schmidhuber/The Skyline View
Yesterday, the San Mateo County Community College District (SMCCCD) announced an emergency scholarship for students who have been affected due to hardship caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The new scholarship can range from $500 to as much as $2000, with the goal of helping students get essential goods and services during the pandemic.
Certain guidelines do have to be met in order to sign up:
To be eligible students must:
• Be currently enrolled in at least 9 units
• Must have a GPA of 2.0 or higher
• Have submitted a 2019-2020 FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application
• Student’s Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) must be from 0 to 5555 in order to qualify
• Student’s hardship must be related to COVID-19 (student will be required to provide/submit sufficient information)